Are you and your partner looking forward to have a baby? Unfortunately, not every couple is able to conceive.
Various studies have confirmed that every fifth to seventh couple is not able to conceive despite repeated efforts. Statistically, 40% of infertility cases are rooted in male fertility disorders alone and an estimated 20% are caused by compromised fertility in both partners.
Regression of male fertility
Large scale studies in Scandinavia and France have discovered that the quality of sperm has more than halved over the last 50 years (1945 – 1995). The results confirm:
- The average quality (especially count, but also mobility and morphology) of male sperm reduces every year by 2%. A total reduction of 32% in spermatozoa was observed over the total duration of the study between 1989 and 2005.
- The scientists estimate that this trend is even more pronounced in the overall population, because the male subjects in the study were of above average health.
Three-month maturation process
The generation of male sperm (spermatozoa) is a complex process, which takes three months. The initial generation and maturation processes is very sensitive to disturbances and undersupply of nutrients. Especially vitamins, trace minerals and the amino acid L-Arginine are essential nutrients needed by the male reproductive system to produce healthy sperm.
Both the male sperm and female ova (egg) cells are particularly receptive to oxidative stress by free radicals. This oxidative stress must be minimised at all times, because it will have a significantly negative impact on both DNA quality as well as the development of healthy sperm cells.
This is where amitamin® fertilsan M leverages uniquely high dosages of micro nutrients. All key semen analysis parameters (quantity, density, motility/vitality and morphology) may produce normal readings following amitamin® fertilsan M supplementation.
2016 TRIPLE-PACK PROMOTION: Get the award-winning fertilsan m formula for 29% less and FREE delivery.
fertilsan M by amitamin® is a complimentary dietary supplement for the dietetic treatment of men with compromised fertility (Food for Special Medicinal Purposes). With its highly concentrated, balanced combination of particular nutrients fertilsan M can contribute to improving male sperm quality in cases of:
- Oligospermia (low sperm count)
- Asthenospermia (low motility)
- Teratospermia (sub optimal morphology)
Components of fertilsan M
fertilsan M contains highly concentrated Vitamins, trace elements, amino acids and antioxidative vitaminoids, all essential for the generation of healthy sperm.
L-arginin is a semi-essential amino acid, which has several very important functions. It supports the immune system and regulates vascular tone to control the rate of blood flow. The body produces spermine and spermidine from Arginine, which is highly concentrated in the seminal fluid. Spermine has antioxidative properties, a stabilising effect on the DNA inside the sperm and plays an important role in cell division and growth.
L-carnitine is a nutrient directly derived from several amino acids and is sometimes called a Vitaminoid. L-carnitine is absolutely essential for the energy metabolism in cells. Only L-carnitine can transport fatty acids from the blood into the cells’ mitochondria, where the fats are “burned” to produce energy. Sperm in particular needs lots of energy in order to continue to swim. L-carnitine therefore plays an important role in the generation, growth and life of healthy, motile sperm cells.
Pine Bark Extract
fertilsan M by amitamin® contains 100 mg of pine bark extract per daily dose. This extract from the rind of the french maritime bark (Pinus pinaster) contains more than 95% proanthocyanidins (phytochemicals) and is known for its extraordinary anti-oxidative properties. It has been shown in dedicated studies to benefit male fertility in several ways, both directly and indirectly. No other male fertility supplements contains such a high amount of pine bark extract.
Coenzym Q10 (Ubiquinone) is a central component of the metabolic processes related to energy supply in the body. It is of critical importance in the provision of energy for sperm cell mobility.
N-acetyl-L-cysteine is strong antioxidant. The amino acid is necessary in many metabolic processes, including spermatogenesis.
Vitamin E is soluble in lipids and has pronounced anti-oxidative properties. It is effective in the cell membrane protecting the inside cell of oxidative stress.
The trace element zinc is well known for its importance in various immunological and more than 200 enzymatic processes. Sperm production can be reduced if the body does not have sufficient quantities available. Zinc can therefore contribute to improving a sperm analysis.
Selenium is also a trace element and has anti-oxidative effects. Selenium contributes to the generation of healthy spermatozoa.
Beta-Carotene is a reactant (chemical ingredient) for vitamin A and can directly neutralise free radicals. It therefore helps to reduce oxidative stress in various metabolic processes and is converted by the body to vitamin A if required.
Folic acid is important during generation of DNA, which carries the genes. Healthy levels of folic acid are critical for the production of fully-functioning sperm containing healthy DNA.
Vitamin C is and important water-soluble antioxidant and is highly concentrated in the seminal fluid.
Vitamin D is known as the "sun vitamin", because the body is able to produce it itself when exposed to sun light. In practice however most people in Western Europe lack sufficient exposure to sun light. Men with fertility problems frequently lack vitamin D.
Please note: due to advertising regulation we are only allowed to present detailed information about studies related to our products to registered industry professionals. Are you a medical professional or pharmacist? Please contact us and we will forward you comprehensive material in our products and research!
Further information to promote male fertility
A healthy lifestyle is the starting point for a healthy, fully-functioning sperm production process.
Please also note:
- Avoid nicotine and alcohol as much as you can.
- Check your medication. Only take medication, which is essential to your wellbeing and has been prescribed by your doctor or recommended by your pharmacist.
- Try to avoid all toxins and hormones in your diet and your environment.
- Reduce stress as much as you can. Stress is thought to affect fertility negatively in both men and women. Enjoy a few more breaks and find new ways to relax.
- Avoid all kinds of heat. The growth of sperm cells is a highly temperature-sensitive process. Tight trousers, jeans or notebooks lead to a higher temperature as much as extensive sauna visits or hot baths. Car seat heating should also be kept to a minimum.
How to use fertilsan M
One pack includes 90 individually sealed capsules and will last for one month. Please take 3 capsules of fertilsan M once a day with plenty of water, ideally just before a large meal. We recommend taking fertilsan M for a minimum of three months, the equivalent of the length of the sperm maturation process.
Indicated daily allowance must not be exceeded. Please store in a dry place and keep out of reach of children. Not for consumption of persons under the age of 18. fertilsan M is not a complete food and not a substitute for a balanced, comprehensive diet. Please use only under doctor supervision. The product is intended for a specific purpose. Nutrient quantity therefore differs from EU guidelines. Not appropriate for individuals allergic to the ingredients.
L-carnitine tartrate, L-Arginin HCl, D-alpha tocopheryl acetate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule shell), zinc gluconate, ascorbic acid, pine bark extract (95 % proanthocyanidins), N-acetylcysteine, selenium yeast, separating agent (magnesium stearate), coenzyme Q10, colouring E 171, cholecalciferol, beta carotene, pteroyl- monoglutamic acid.
Net weight per package: 82 g
5 Reviews "fertilsan M (capsules)"
- 15 October 2016 When we started to plan for a kid I knew I'd better start taking a supp asap. I'd been partying for many years and my partner Shaz was still coming off the pill. She was monitoring her cycle closely and when ovulation day came we went for it morning and evening 2 days in a row. I got her pregnant in her first cycle trying! I took fertilsan for about 5 months. Top stuff!
- 10 October 2016 We tried to get pregnanrt for about 6 months, but no success. I read good stuff about fertilsan and decided to try it for 6 months. After 5 months it worked! Missus is currenly 12 weeks.
- Delivery issue with Australia Post
29 March 2016
Amitamin have sent the parcel with my Fertilisan M after order however the Australia post returned it to the sender for unknown reason (miscommunication within Australian post). Since I was relocating overseas within the next 10 days I was very worried I would not receive my treatment on time. Amitamin notified me about the returned parcel and sent it again in Express post to ensure I get my treatment prior relocating.
I did really appreciate their support. I found not only they were pro-active but very customer oriented.
Thanks Amitamin team !!
- quick service
- 16 March 2016 I placed my order on Sunday evening and received it last Wednesday. That´s a great service. Will now take it as recommended by my doc.
- great stuff - thank you so so much!
- 29 February 2016 I was diagnosed with very poor sperm and the clinic told us that ICSI was the only way to go. Suddenly my missus just got her BFY! We are so happy, but too early, cant tell anyone yet.. thank you so much amitamin. Fingers crossed the pregnancy will go well, we have been TTC for almost 2 years. I am so glad I decided to try fertilsan first. It has saved us a ton of money!